Monday, September 27, 2010

Life of idleness

I've been lazy to blog although I have plenty of time  =.=

I'm now in Calgary. Duh. For almost 2 weeks now. My weekends are nicely packed with lots of fun with my friends, but the weekdays are so boring. So what do I do?

Hmm... My latest thing is watching Elmo on youtube. Elmo is so cute. I didnt know that. Sesame Street was not my thing growing up. We had ninja turtles, power rangers and bad stuff like that. But I remember Big Bird is, well, big.

And Cookie Monster is hilarious!!! "Me want cookie!!" I love how sneaky he is when he wants a cookie but he still pretends to be innocent.

But Elmo is definitely my fav. I love his interviews on youtube. So funny. And I also love Adam Sandler's song for Elmo.

Besides that, I've also registered for Traditional Chinese Painting class. Hehe. And ceramic pottery class. Haha. To fill up some free time. I'm attending my first class this week so I'll let you know how it goes.

Calgary is getting so cold! Brr... And it's only September. But luckily we have a short warm spell this weekend, so it has been fun. But it'll be cold again soon.

Today my friends had an open house at their place. It is a blast, as usual. I love hanging out with them. The food, the gossips, the crazy fun. They have a drum set, lots of guitars, and bass too, as well as speakers and microphone, so it's always fun. Today's top song is Justin Bieber's "Baby". I'll miss them so much.

A few days ago, I went to the cinema and watched "The Other Guys", which is quite good. Not awesome but I enjoyed it. I prefer "The Switch", which I watched in Washington DC. Jason Bateman is adorable!! And the kiddo is sooooooooooo cute! Please go and watch it.

I've also watched "Resident Evil" 3D  with some friends last weekend, which is a pleasant surprise. I think I've watched the second one but I dont remember any part of it. Again, it's not awesome but I enjoyed it.

Friday night, I went for dinner with some friends. I told you my weekends are packed. It's a belated mid autumn festival dinner. I love the lamb hot pot. Oh yum. And then we went to one of their places to eat mooncake and watch a chinese movie "Painted Skin". I dont know how popular it is but apparently, it is quite hot when it came out a few years ago. It's about a girl who is actually a fox spirit and she eats human hearts to keep her human look. I find the movie just a bit too slow and dragging, as are most china movies. But the love story is so touching, especially the ending. Sigh~~

The next movies I want to watch are "the american" and "wall street".

Let's summarise the movie I've watched recently -

Inception: 9/10 (One word - Leonardo. Hahaha. Very original story line)
The Expandables: 6/10 (Very boring story line but good action)
The Last Airbender: 5/10 (Disappointing but I like the picture/graphic)
The Switch: 8/10 (Very very cute, funny and sweet)
The Takers: 8/10 (Very cool. Extra point because Paul Walker is in it. Hehe)
Killers: 7/10 (Ashton Kutcher!!! In only a pair of shorts! Ahhh!!! So hot!)
Resident Evil 3D: 7/10 (Cool CGI)
The Other Guys: 7/10 (Funny enough)

I've been packing and re-packing and then re-packing my stuff for shipping back to Brunei. I wanna make sure I made full use of the 40 cubic feet given to us. So, my aims for this coming week are settle the shipment, attend my first class of ceramic pottery and chinese painting, as well as watch "the american".

*yawn* I'm sleepy. I love being able to sleep and wake up at any time I please. This is the life. A tad boring, but still super siok.

No comments: